Ex-Footballer Lands Danish Lotto Jackpot

Your local destination for lottery news from the world's richest lotteries

Ex-Footballer Lands Danish Lotto Jackpot

Postby worldlottery.net » Fri 03 Nov 17, 10:30

An ex-Bundesliga footballer has started his retirement in the best way possible after landing a Danish lottery prize worth DKK5 million (£588,000). Tommy Bechmann secured the seven-figure sum after playing numbers that correspond to the birth dates of his three children, a system he has relied on for years. Having only ever won nominal amounts in the past, the last thing the former Bochum and Freiburg hitman expected was to receive an email from lottery officials whilst on holiday in Spain. Speaking to Ekstrabladet, Bechmann said "I checked the sender's address and saw that it was the same one that had notified me when I had won 50 krone before." However, when the Dane called lottery operator Danske Spil, he was greeted with news that he had actually won the jackpot, information that certainly brought a smile to the face of a man who, on average, earned around £50,000-a-year as a footballer in the German top division. "The winter holiday will probably be a little more luxurious than planned,” he grinned.

Read more...
worldlottery.net

Topics: 1886
Reward Points: Locked

Return to Global Lottery News